The Soaring Falcon Memorial Monument is dedicated to all of the men and women who were trained or who served as permanent party at Sampson Air Force Base between 1950 and 1956 when the base closed. The large stainless steel statue was produced at a nearby metal foundry and, when it was ready, it was transported to Sampson State Park for installation at the SAFBVA military museum. Volunteers had already constructed a heavy concrete platform onto which the monument was to be bolted. Installation day was cold and rainy, but the work went ahead as planned. Soon enough, the Soaring Falcon took to its wings in front of the museum, and there it stands today. Now the statue base is covered with polished granite slabs, one of which bears the dedication inscription.